Last night I took home the crown. I will wear the title “Ms. Buffalo Soldier 2018” and will represent the Buffalo Soldiers (Tampa) at community functions and social events. It may not seem like a big deal to some but I know the QUEEN has a very important role to fulfill and I will do my best to make them proud.
The traditional African proverb, “It takes a village to raise a child” has been widely quoted but I’ve found that to be true with almost any thing in life not just a child. I had plenty of help from a lot of good people and I appreciate their help and their actions will never be forgotten. I look forward to a fun filled and interesting year.
Sending a big THANK YOU and virtual hugs for all who supported, gave gifts, spoke kind words and gave encouragement, etc.. in no particular order:
- Woods and Wanton Chapter Inc. of the Buffalo Soldiers
- Past Buffalo Soldier Queens
- Friends & Family
- Artistic Tee http://www.artistictee.com
- Mann’s Finest Barber Shop
- House of Afrika https://www.facebook.com/houseofafrika/
- Ye Loyal Krewe of Grace O’Malley
- Krewe of Shamrock
- 1st. USV Cavalry Regiment Rough Riders, Inc.
- Krewe of Pandora
- Latin American Fiesta Association
- Thieves of San Lorenzo
- Krewe of Alegria
- Bootlegger Belles and Beaus
and many more individuals .. but like I said, “It takes a village” 🙂
- Photoshoot courtesy of my husband Damon Bryant
- The Hair … Well, I had lots of big beautiful curls but by the time this photoshoot took place sadly they had all fallen.
- My dress received lots of compliments. THANKS! It was a Goodwill find that I spruced up 🙂
- The smiles come free thanks to those of you who supported and believed in me.
To learn more about the Buffalo Soldiers, become a member or even be the next QUEEN contestant go to https://www.wdwn-tampa.org