For the last week or so we’ve had some chilly weather here in Central Fl. We don’t like it when the temperature drops below 70 degrees. This day we were in the high 40’s…burrr!
Let me tell you, that’s FREEZING to me! lol but, since the world doesn’t stop when the temperature drops that means life must go on. This day I didn’t hesitate to pull out all the stops..starting from the inside out..
- a pair of leggings
- a tank top
- a long sleeve ribbed shirt
- a sweater mini dress (tucked and worn as a “top”)
- a pair of multi colored corduroy jeans
- a pair of thick knee high socks
- a pair of boots
- a vintage Astraka of London faux fur coat
- …and of course a few scarves as accessories.
As the day progressed, the temperature moved up slightly to the mid 50’s……uh, that’s still freaking cold in my books! lol
I felt like I was bring a little flair to this winter attire by wearing my faux fur. Believe it or not.. wearing faux fur has it’s benefits you know. For instance…
- They’re “trendy” for those of you who like to follow trends 🙂
- Super easy to clean. A large amount of them are machine washable on gentle cycle or hand washed. No need to dry clean like a real fur.
- Easy to store. Throw it in a cool dry place and forget about it all summer.
- Faux will outlast the real deal by yeeeeears because of the synthetic materials.
- ….and of course NO ANIMALS had to die just so I could look cool and feel warm 😀
For some, life is grey and dull. You might as well have a little fun when you dress.
If you put something together and it doesn’t look good BIG DEAL, WHO CARES! The fashion police aren’t going to come and take you away are they?… LOL.. When the fun is taken out of getting dressed you might as well be dead.
STYLE isn’t about being pretty, it’s about being INTERESTING. I wasn’t a pretty child but I was an interesting child who pretty much lived in her own little creative world. I didn’t grow into my looks until much later. Therefore, if you’re not “pretty” it doesn’t matter as long as you have style. If you possess style you have something much better. Pretty fades; STYLE last forever.
As for my multi colored corduroy jeans… I looove them! I’ve had them forever. They’re so 70’s!! I could never part with them. To me, they are as American as Apple pie..
and I looove Apple pie! lol.
Many have asked about my boots. The boots were custom made by my husband’s tailor while I was in Korea. I told him I ♡ boots but my skinny legs/calves won’t fill out the store bought boots so he took my measurements and told me to come back the next day. I was so happy! He even made me an all black leather pair as well 🙂
I miss Korea!
As for my comfy coat and patchwork purse…well do you have to ask? I purchased them from Sherry’s Yesterdaze Vintage Clothing and Antiques.
5207 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33603